Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trina Embarrassed Over Nicki Minaj & Lil Kim Beef, "This Makes Us All Look Bad"

Southern rapper Trina has weighed in Lil Kim's beef with Nicki Minaj and explained the impact it is having on the female rap game.
"That's crazy. I really don't get it. I don't see where all this is coming from," Miami's Trina told MTV News via e-mail this week about Kim's comments. "[We're] all ladies. Can't we just make music and get our paper and keep it moving?! We all respect Kim. She opened the doors for us females. It's all good -- everybody's eating, what's the issue?" Trina also pointed to the dearth of high-profile women in hip-hop as a reason for Kim to fall back with the criticism. "This makes us all look bad. There's barely any female artists as is -- we don't need this!""For the last year, she's been subliminally taking shots at me, subliminally taking shots at the other girls in the industry and I mean come on, we read that interview where she said 'Oh, being that the other rap chicks in the game ain't got sh*t to do right now, when I'm by the pool, they can feed me grapes,' I remember that sh*t," Kim said in an interview. "I keep my ears to the street at all times. Just because I do my Hollywood thing and my Malibu Barbie thing don't mean my ears ain't to the streets at all times. The last thing she did that was very subliminal, 'Oh, did I kill the Queen?' and Puffy is sitting right next to her vibing with that bullsh*t. Come on, we ain't stupid. Let's go all the way back, when she started doing all my songs over. There were certain interviews she was doing and my fans were getting upset, because she was busting shots at me, actually she was throwing pebbles -- it's obvious I'm who she wants to be, it's obvious that she likes me and wants to be like me but she's not paying the homage. It's obvious that she likes my music and that she's trying to mimic what I'm doing, she's subliminally busting shots." (This Is 50)"Here's my thing, all females that come in the game, we all need to stick together and I always try my best to embrace them but what happens is when you come into the game and realize that I'm not going away and my fans are still here and they can't just step over me. They can't just step on me and then they're kinda like, they get upset and then they don't want to be my friend anymore and I think that's really childish, you know what I'm saying? It's stupid because all I ask for is to be respected -- pay homage at the end of the day, a lot of things go on behind the scenes that people don't know about and it will be aired out. You can't hide the truth -- when I came out to do this promo tour, it was a reminder of where it came from because if you're gonna swagger jack somebody and take their style, at least pay the respect and the homage..." (Kendra G)"She definitely deserves the respect. She doesn't have an album out or sold any records, but it's more so about the passion and the response she gets from the listeners. To see her pave her way from nothing to come up to be a topic or a name. You give that respect to the person coming up making a name for themselves. That's just real talk. I don't pull any punches. People say I give too much credit to people but it's not about that. It's about being real. And being real is giving props when it's due. You can't be hating or mad when you see people doing their thing." (XXL Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment